Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie  Tulum to Caye Caulker (Read 4246 times)
Di
YaBB Newbies

I Love the Costa
Maya

Newbie  Tulum to Caye Caulker
03. Jun 2011 at 20:11

So we are traveling to Tulum.  Been there plenty but this time we are going to take a bus south.  We would like to visit Majahaul, Xcalak, Bacalar, Chetumal, and Caye Caulker.  We have from the 2nd of July, then back to Cancuun to fly out on the 14th.  
We would love some help as there is limited info on how to get to these places, what order to do thme in, and do we need reservations.  We are rough travelers, we like cabanas and are on a budget.  Big question is can we get from Xcalak to Caye Caulker without going through Belize City...in other words can we get there by water and what is the customs deal?   Lots of questions, would appreciate any info.  Thanks. peace. di

IP Logged
CriosBelize
YaBB Newbies

I Love the Costa
Maya

Re: Newbie  Tulum to Caye Caulker
Reply #1 - 07. Jun 2011 at 19:13

These places are opposite sides of the chetumal bay, but here's my suggestion:
1. Bus from Tulum to Bacalar (2.5 hours)
2. Bus from Bacalar to Chetumal (<1 hour)
3. Bus from Chetumal to Majahual (2.5 hours)
4. Taxi (or maybe there is a bus) from Majahual to Xcalak (45 mins)
5. Boat (Charter only - probably for US$200) from Xcalak to San Pedro, Belize (customs and immigration is at both points) - 1 hour
6. Boat (frequent Water Taxi) from San Pedro to Caye Caulker (20 mins)
Return Journey:
7. Boat (Daily water taxi) from San Pedro to Chetumal (customs and immigration is at both points) (2 hours)
8. ADO Bus leaves Chetumal at 12:30am (local time) directly to Cancun airport (5.5 hours). Earlier buses will take u to downtown Cancun, then you can take 30 min shuttle over to airport.
I don't think you need reservations. In low season,  most places have low occupancy and better rates.
Hope this helps.

IP Logged
lopezs
YaBB Newbies

I Love the Costa
Maya

Washington
Re: Newbie  Tulum to Caye Caulker
Reply #2 - 26. Jul 2011 at 00:31

Have you returned from your trip Di? Please share your experience with us.

« Last Edit: 07. Sep 2011 at 04:29 by lopezs »  
  IP Logged
alarmProorne
YaBB Newbies

I Love the Costa
Maya

fitflop malaysiaPersonal Protection Information You Ne
Reply #3 - 30. Nov 2012 at 08:55

When Carl Birkenstock became involved in the business in 1925, these inserts where then transported to Europe and command a higher degree of reputation between all social groups. fitflop sandalscomFrom brilliant turquoise to understated navy, blue fitflop sandals provide both the sea and the sky to your feet - generating them best accents for period-spanning use.  <u>Ariat fitflop sandals</u>Women's Bridgeport - Open up Toe, present day, informal Women's Annie - Open toe, light bodyweight<u>Ariat Mules</u>Women's Richmond - sleek nevertheless advanced casual Women's Nikkie - western type mule Gable - light fat and sophisticated Manitoba - equestrian styling Shasta - comfy, modern Women's Juliette - J toe fashion mule Women's Carson - Sophisticated J toe design Women's Calgary - depth and trend Santa Cruz Mule - common equestrian particulars<u>Ariat Clogs</u>Women's Arch - elegant with western facts Malibu - zipper facet for ease Dawson - facts and fashion Strathmore Clog - very comprehensive styling and stitchingAs you can see, Ariat gives some thing for virtually absolutely everyone in their line of casual footwear.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print